Quality Reporting and Management Solution
“We’re fortunate to have Medisolv, which provides a single platform within our health system focused on pay-for-performance measures with data for us to look at that’s refreshed every day.” – Kathleen Reilly, Director of Quality and Performance Improvement, Finger Lakes Health System, Geneva, N.Y.
Many hospitals are acquiring physician practices to form clinically integrated networks in order to improve quality of care, population health and reduce the total cost of care. As health systems transition from volume- to value-based care and grow their physician base, they face greater accountability for managing their physicians’ performance in and beyond the hospital.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS), Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS), Value-based Payment Modifier (VBPM) and similar programs for hospitals linking payments to quality provide strong incentives for eligible providers and hospitals to demonstrate high performance by satisfactorily reporting on a large number of specific quality measures increasingly mandated as electronic quality measures (eCQMs).
Why We Endorse Medisolv’s Quality Reporting and Management Solution
Medisolv’s ENCOR Quality Reporting and Management software helps hospitals and physicians efficiently measure and report quality data to meet evolving regulatory requirements, improve performance and patient safety, and deliver value-based care. Following the proprietary AHA Due Diligence Process™, the AHA awarded its exclusive endorsement to Medisolv’s solution for its:
- Comprehensive scope, which includes support for all three types of quality measures (abstraction, claims and eCQMs), and support for multiple CMS and The Joint Commission ambulatory, outpatient and inpatient quality reporting programs
- Implementation success — as confirmed by its 95 percent client retention rate — in more than 300 hospitals and several hundred physicians
From one integrated platform, hospitals can now manage performance improvement and report accurate quality measures data. ENCOR software suite is deployed within a hospital’s intranet and integrates with electronic health record and other information systems to convert large volumes of existing clinical, operational and financial data into actionable information.
Salient features include:
- Management and reporting of all Meaningful Use electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs), CMS and The Joint Commission quality reporting programs
- Support for providers’ clinically relevant workflows for data capture within EHRs
- Automated daily extraction of hospital data, which allows daily abstraction of core measures
- Daily refreshment of measure calculations for all quality measures
- Dashboards with trending and drill down for hospital staff and providers to manage quality measures performance on a daily basis
- Data submission services by highly experienced Medisolv consultants
Medisolv services also include data analytics, education in quality measures and quality reporting mandates, expert advice from clinical and software experts on performance improvement strategies, and optimal data capture workflows for eCQMs.
Company Website: http://www.medisolv.com
- Brochure: Quality Reporting & Management with ENCOR
- Case Study: Wooster Community: Using Data Validation to Detect Quality Measure Errors
- Case Study: How Finger Lakes Health System Created a Culture of Quality
- White Paper: Quality Measurement & Reporting: A Whole New Ballgame