Interpretation & Translation Services
“CyraCom offered a great service. Since their focus is on medical interpreting, we could be sure that we would get qualified interpreters whenever we needed. Plus, we saved money on our per-minute rate by switching.” – Nan Principe-Crockett, Interpreting Services Manager, Frederick Memorial Hospital
More than 61 million U.S. residents speak a language other than English at home1, and 25 million speak English at a level classified as Limited English Proficient (LEP), according to the U.S. Census. LEP patients tend to have higher rates of readmission, longer lengths of stay, and a higher number of associated complications.2 Hospitals leverage CyraCom’s Interpretation & Translation Services to improve these metrics.
Why We Endorse CyraCom’s Interpretation & Translation Services
After a thorough review of solutions designed to address this issue, the American Hospital Association (AHA) has awarded its exclusive endorsement to CyraCom’s Interpretation & Translation Services because of their:
- Health care focus — CyraCom interpreters and translators are extensively trained to understand the medical terminology and scenarios unique to hospital communications
- Innovative language solutions, including phone and video interpretation, and translation and localization solutions
- Ongoing interpreter monitoring to ensure quality results
1 U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights (2013). Retrieved from Compliance Review Initiative: Advancing Effective Communication in Critical Access Hospitals
2 Int J Qual Health Care. 2007 Apr; 19(2):60-7. Epub 2007 Feb 2. Language proficiency and adverse events in US hospitals: a pilot study. Divi C1, Koss RG, Schmaltz SP, Loeb JM.
J Gen Intern Med. 2012 Oct; 27(10):1294-9. Epub 2012 Apr 18. Professional language interpretation and inpatient length of stay and readmission rates. Lindholm M1, Hargraves JL, Ferguson WJ, Reed G.
Isn’t it great to be understood? Language services have a huge impact on patient care … this video provides a new perspective on the challenges faced by patients whose primary language isn’t English.
- Unified Pricing — CyraCom’s unified platform empowers hospitals to choose their preferred modality — phone or video interpretation — at the same per-minute cost.
- Large-Scale U.S. Contact Centers — CyraCom delivers interpretation solutions using the most extensive network of large-scale interpreter contact centers. In the over 200,000 square feet of center space, CyraCom conducts thorough health care interpretation training in a classroom setting and provides supervised interpretation in a supportive, team environment.
- Phone and Video Interpretation — CyraCom provides on-demand access to thousands of U.S.-based interpreters in hundreds of languages by phone and over 20 via video.
- Translation and Localization — CyraCom aids health care organizations in completing patient consent forms and discharge instructions, and in crafting or reviewing the hospital’s external communications.
Company Website: http://www.cyracom.com
- Case Study: Banner Health: Lowering Risk and Providing Exceptional Patient Care
- Case Study: Florida Hospital: Language Interpretation "the Cornerstone" of Diversity and Inclusion
- Case Study: Steward Health Care: A Continuum of Care for LEP Patients
- Case Study: Language Services as Part of the Patient-Centered Culture
- Case Study: Emory Healthcare Network Case Study
- Case Study: Florida Hospital: Reducing Call Time and Increasing Quality in Language
- Tool: HCAHPS Surveys & Limited English Proficient Patients:3 Simple Questions
- White Paper: The Cost of Miscommunication: Solving the Puzzle of Readmission Rates
- White Paper: How a Great Language Services Program Boosts Hospital Performance
- White Paper: The Affordable Care Act & Limited English Proficient Populations: Key Implications for Healthcare Providers
- White Paper: Deaf and Hard of Hearing 101: Things to Know when Working with the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community
- Video: How Interpretation Should Be