Health Information Exchange (HIE)
“Throughout our due diligence in evaluating we were impressed with how AT&T Healthcare Community Online connects providers and increases the access and availability of patient medication information allowing hospitals to take better care of their patients.” – Anthony Burke, President and CEO, AHA Solutions, Inc.
The primary drivers for Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) improvements in the U.S. have been to achieve a significant reduction in costs and improve better patient care. AT&T Healthcare Community Online allows health care providers to save time and money by allowing them to utilize their existing IT infrastructure and integrate it with new applications, enabling the secure, community-wide health information exchange of electronic medical records.
Why We Endorsed Health Information Exchange (HIE) from AT&T
During our evaluation, we found that AT&T Healthcare Community Online was designed to allow organizations at different stages along the IT adoption curve to participate within the exchange. AT&T Healthcare Community Online securely shares patient and medical data across applications the provider has selected. Similarly, many applications within AT&T Healthcare Community Online are associated with state, federal, and not-for-profit organizations that monitor critical components of a patient’s medical history. We found that this highly secure, cloud-based platform enables simple integration of existing applications and can be turned up quickly – thereby enhancing the patient-provider experience by making it easy to connect, collaborate, and share information.
Making Meaningful Use Count
To prepare for accountable care while showing meaningful use, health care providers should use a collaborative care platform that augments or replaces their electronic health records and that expands their ability to connect online with their patients and with all the providers who care for those patients.
Health care policy initiatives are spurring the creation and adoption of health information exchanges (HIE).However, implementing an HIE solution is multifaceted. AT&T Healthcare Community Online is a pre-integrated, cloud-based HIE designed to facilitate the secure internal and external exchange of patient data.
Healthcare Community Online integrates information from disparate sources, including EHRs and other key systems, into a single view. It maintains the data integrity and provides a cost-effective strategy for meeting the strict requirements and pending deadlines of Meaningful Use. Learn more at www.corp.att.com/healthcare/.
Company Website: http://www.corp.att.com/healthcare/
- Advertorial: AT&T Healthcare Community Online Portal and Clinical Applications
- Advertorial: AT&T Healthcare Community Online Data Analytics
- Advertorial: AT&T Healthcare Community Online eConnect
- Article: The AHA Expands Its AT&T Endorsement to Include HIE Services
- Executive Summary: AT&T Healthcare Community Online Clinical Message Exchange
- Flyer: Critical Requirements and Deadlines for The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Funding
- Whitepaper: A New Paradigm for Population Health Management: Texting to Engage Patients on Their Own Terms
- Whitepaper: Mobilizing Next-Generation Healthcare Delivery
- Whitepaper: Population Health Management: What Role Does IT Play?
- Whitepaper: Making Meaningful Use Count
- Whitepaper: On-Demand Identity Management
- Whitepaper: Enabling the Success of Accountable Care Organizations with a Health IT Infrastructure