The Challenges of Copyright Compliance in Health Care Today
featuring Carle Foundation Hospital
- Event Date:
- Event Time: 1 p.m. Eastern
- Event Type: Virtual Signature Learning Series
If you've ever been puzzled by copyright questions, don't miss this opportunity to learn from the copyright experts and to expand your respect for intellectual property. Not only will you get answers to your copyright questions but you'll also learn to minimize your organization's exposure to illegal content use.
This webinar provides an overview of copyright law, how it works, and what is protected. It also provides guidance on when to obtain copyright permission. A hospital compliance expert speaks about the key challenges at his organization pertaining to copyright and provides guidance to compliance auditors at health care organizations interested in putting a copyright policy in place.
What You Will Learn:
- The basics of copyright law
- What is and is not copyright-protected
- Fair use - what it is and how it works
- When copyright permission is needed
- How to obtain copyright permission
- Compliance tips from a health care perspective
- Jerry De Witt, MS, RN, Library Manager, Carle Foundation Hospital
- John P. Savage, Lead Licensing Consultant, Copyright Clearance Center