Using Language Services as a Risk Reduction Strategy
featuring a case study from Banner Health
- Event Date:
- Event Time: 01:00 PM Eastern
- Event Type: Virtual Signature Learning Series
Banner Health established a Language Access Plan with language services to help mitigate potential risk factors. Implementation of these services helped it improve patient-provider interaction, increase quality of care and meet the new Joint Commission standards.
You Will Learn:
- What the new Joint Commission standards say about language services
- Why the risks of improper patient communication are so severe
- How Banner Health uses interpretation and translation services to mitigate risk
Banner Health presents its successes, setbacks, knowledge and best practices for managing risk through the implementation of a language services strategy. Learn new ways to improve operations and ensure compliance by promoting proper communication throughout your organization.
- Liz Swan, RN Risk Management Consultant, Banner Health
- Marisa Hernandez, Interpreter Educator for Corporate Risk Management, Banner Health