A Focus on Engagement
Methods for Increasing Employee Engagement through Focus Groups
- Event Date:
- Event Time: 1 p.m. Eastern
It’s simple common sense, but so often overlooked: an organization’s best resources for engaging its employees are the employees themselves.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center understands this concept. That’s why, following its 2009 engagement survey, the award-winning health care facility began conducting employee focus groups as part of an overarching strategy to measure and support employee engagement.
In this webinar, speakers discuss how focus groups have helped inform Vanderbilt’s engagement strategies and goals, as well as specific, proven best practices for conducting focus groups that drive improvement strategies, increase employee buy-in, and empower management to set reasonable, achievable goals.
Receive insights on driving engagement and how focus groups fit into an optimized engagement strategy. Speakers walk you through a best-practice approach for conducting focus groups that prepares organizations to achieve significant gains in employee engagement.
What You Will Learn:
- The importance of focus groups
- Best practices for managing focus groups
- How to improve the efficacy of existing focus groups
- How to effectively use information gleaned during focus group sessions
- Pamela Brown, Director, Organizational Effectiveness Team, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Kevin Sheridan, Senior Vice President – HR Optimization, HR Solutions
"The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit."