Data Breach Containment In an Uncontained World
featuring a case study from Henry Ford Health System
- Event Date:
- Event Time: 1 p.m. Eastern
- Event Type: Virtual Signature Learning Series
More than 90 percent of hospitals are expected to have a data breach in the coming year.* As a result, they are at an increased risk of significant financial and reputational harm.
Use of mobile technology has increased. The patient record no longer exists as a paper chart in a single location. Now, information is an electronic collection accessible from multiple locations via multiple platforms. And so, the need for comprehensive data breach response and preparedness plans has also multiplied.
Hear how Henry Ford Health System evaluated its data breach risk exposure and created a comprehensive, system-wide program built on a culture of accountability and empowerment. The program not only created adherence to HITECH and state laws, it transformed the entire organization’s approach to the protection of all patient information.
*Ponemon Institute© Research Report Second Annual Benchmark Study on Patient Privacy & Data Security December 2011
You Will Learn How:
- Evaluate your organization’s data breach risk and its ability to respond in accordance with HITECH and state regulations
- Design an incident response plan with clear accountability across the organization
- Empower employees to be responsible for both data security and breach response
- Transform your culture to protect patient information by learning how Henry Ford developed its iComply program
- Meredith R. Phillips, Chief Privacy Officer, Henry Ford Health System
- Rick Kam, President and Co-founder, ID Experts